[argyllcms] Re: HP Dreamcolor profiler locked and not recognized

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:09:03 +0100

On 10 August 2010 13:07, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you were to run some sort of USB trace on the
> software that does work with the instrument (ie. SnoopyPro
> on MSWin), then it's easy enough to figure out the unlock
> string.

If you've only got Linux available, and got a newish
gnome-color-manager installed, you can just use gcm-dump-sensor to get
the unlock string and the other register details. I would be
interested in the huey-sensor-dump.txt file it produces if you have
gcm installed.

Otherwise, using snoopy pro is pretty easy with qemu, but ensure you
use windows xp, rather than vista or windows 7.

Thanks,

Richard.