[argyllcms] Re: Gutenprint and ink limits.

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:53:27 +0200

On 7/31/07, Gerhard Fuernkranz  wrote:
> But I guess this involves only setting reasonable single-channel limits
> for C, M, Y and K, but the TAC still needs to be limited by the profile,
> doesn't it?
>
> Regards,
> Gerhard

Thanks to all again for answering. I will certainly  not like to have
runny photographs. The  epson R2400 ink is expensive enough.

Since the media type set a basic setting, I also wonder if Gerhard
have right here. If so where can I find  a target for ink limiting?
Either a cube or another type. I have not found anything  with Google.
I also wonder what to print for the saturation test mentioned by
Kai-Uwe Behrmann.

And  Kai-Uwe if I use the -c parametre to targen and read the cmyk
profile you have made as a input, I get an ink limt of 371%. Maybe
that is a nice starting point even though your profile is for gloss
paper and I am trying to profile luster paper?

This is harder than I thought. I think it's time now to pickup a book
about color management.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen