[argyllcms] Gutenprint and ink limits.

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:56:59 +0200

Hello again.
As I have mentioned before I'm trying to make a cmyk printer profile.
In gutenprint there is three alternative color correction modes that I
think is relevant to using a printer profile. They are Uncorrected,
Density and Raw. They are describe in this post:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/colorsync-users/2006/Jun/msg00119.html
or in the user manual page 70-71
http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/gutenprint-users-manual.pdf

My plan was use the uncorrected mode since it is the simplest, and I
have no idea how to do linearization  and who to find ink limits.

My question this time is:
Can I just skip the -l (ink limits) option to targen when I plan to
use the uncorrected  color mode?
Or should I definitely take the step and learn myself ink limits and
linearization? It is not very tempting, since I read this sentence
about the raw mode in the user manual: "it is very easy to damage the
printer".

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen