[argyllcms] Greenish cast in darker blacks

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:53:15 +0100

Hi,

I just profiled my (cheap/poor) laptop screen again with Argyll
1.1.0_rc2 (and yes I dropped my gamma shaper smoothing patch).
However, when Firefox 3.5 applies my profile, the darker blacks have a
green cast. When I load a screenshot (without the profile loaded in
Firefox), and then apply the profile in GIMP, I have the same green
color cast. Since Firefox 3.5 doesn't use LCMS anymore, I'm guessing
this isn't a CMM issue.

I've attached the profile, and a screenshot with and without the
profile loaded in Firefox.

Please do note, except for the green cast in the dark blacks, the
colors are exceptional with this profile!

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn