[argyllcms] Re: Grayscale ICC profile

  • From: Alexey Gribunin <Gribunin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 16:37:08 +0300

Thanks!

Yes, I know this possibility.I made a profile with this QTR tool.
Also I made grayscale ICC profile using dot gain curve with Photoshop custom profile setup just to compare the result.

Best regards,
Alexey Gribunin.

On 01/12/2014 15:14, Tomasz Danus wrote:
Hi Alexey

I am using modified method from
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/bw_printing/bw_print_colormunki.html

Works perfect with Argyll and QTR.

Cheers
Tom

--
t.danus@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:t.danus@xxxxxxxxx>
Skype: Ithilstone

On 1 December 2014 at 12:01, Andrzej Andrez <an2rez@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:an2rez@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi!
    Look here: http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Limitations.html
    I think that argyllcms does not support gray scale (monochrome)
    profiles yet.
    Best regards,
    Andrzej

    <mailto:Gribunin@xxxxxxx>>:

        Hello!

        Is there any possibility to create grayscale ICC profile with
        ArgyllCMS?

        I tried to create ti3 according to ti3 file generated by "targen
        -d0" and then fakeread from it but without success.

        I'm getting Error - Output device input file has unhandled color
        representation 'K_XYZ'.

        What's wrong am I doing?

        My ti3 file attached.

        Best regards,