[argyllcms] Re: Grayscale ICC profile

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:54:05 -0500

Tom is correct.  I posed the same question a couple of years ago and Graeme
replied that you cannot generate a gray scale profile.  You can generate a
patch set and read it using Argyll and then plug the results into Roy
Harrington’s QTR scripting program.  That will generate a profile that you can
use with Epson printers that have an ABW driver.  I have used targen to
generate both a 21 and 51 step B/W patch set for profile generation.  One note
if you go down this route, the profiles are only good if you are running a
Windows OS.  MacOS will not permit you to allow Photoshop/Lightroom to manage
colors with the ABW driver.

Alan