[argyllcms] Re: Getting back to using argyllcms. Some questions.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:16:37 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
I understand correctly, that term refers to a table stored in my video
card.  Does the monitor have its own LUT which is used to `calibrate'
the monitor?

Generally LCD's have their own lookup tables they process the
video data through before sending to the actual panel. It is
this mechanism they use to simulate the range of controls
that people expect to be on monitors. For color calibration
and profiling purposes, these simulations usually degrade
the resulting images.