[argyllcms] Get RGB Values From Lab using input and output profile

  • From: Sven Gaul <sg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:46:02 +0200

Hello,

We've generated ICC profiles for our printer with ArgyllCMS.
Now, we'd like to calculate RGB values a graphic designer could use to match a given Lab-Value (from a given, measured sample color). We use sRGB as input profile and our generated profile as output profile with perceptual rendering intent.

I think xicclu is my friend to do this, but I'm uncertain how I can manage to input an Lab-Value and get the RGB as output, considering both profiles with perceptual rendering intent (as xicclu accepts only one profile)

So I need something like this:
RGB --sRGB.icc_perc--> Lab --customPrinterProfile.icc_perc--> CMYK / Lab_output

So I have the last Lab value, measurable on printed media and need to know the RGB input which can be used in the graphics file to achieve my desired Lab on media in that chain. How can I calculate that?

Sven