[argyllcms] Re: Generating a target from a reference file

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:55:36 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Roger <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pascal,
>
> I'm interested in this target personally. Would you mind sharing a URL of
> some sort to where you obtained it from? I've tried a few searches already
> to no avail. Just curious.

CMP Digital Target 3
http://www.cmp-color.fr/eng digital target.html

Though I must say, thus far I'm not really impressed. When combined with
Argyll the IT8 chart worked just as well.

Though I haven't tried CMP's own profiling service yet.

>> I'm basically looking for a "trick" to edit a reference file with an
>> image editing program.
>
> You mean, you'd like to be able to turn a TIFF device target into a
> corresponding text file?

I when to turn the textfile into a TIFF, edit the TIFF, en turn the TURN back
into a textfile.

Regards,
Pascal