[argyllcms] Re: Generated camera profile too bright

  • From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:47:18 +0200

On 03.04.2012 06:06, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Andreas F.X. Siegert wrote:
>> I think I got fooled by the exposure because of the background.
>> But even if I push the exposure before generating the linear tiff I get
>> the overexposed patches.
>
> Hmm. Looking at the .tif, white is at around 16%. So the resulting profile
> will boost everything by a factor of about 600% - which is exactly
> what it's done. Is this really what you intend ?

Nope definitely not. That is the original one before  started to push
the exposure in the app.

> (Normally you would want to expose the image so white is near 100%.)
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here. Exposure in camera oder
pushing later on in linear mode?

When I got close to overexposure on the white patch in profiled mode
with the stock profile and then switched over to linear to generate the
calibration TIFF, I still had a profile that resulted in in blown patches.

cheers
afx

--
http://afximages.com/