[argyllcms] Re: Generated camera profile too bright

  • From: Ridouan Agarad <ridouan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:56:46 +0200

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Andreas F.X. Siegert <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Well, my current understanding is that I need to generate a TIFF from the
> raw file with that app without the app applying any corrections or profile.
> That results in a very dark image as no gamma or other other modifications
> are applied (this is the TIFF I put on the web site).

 Could you perhaps describe the steps you've taken to generate the TIFF and
which RAW processor you've been using?

I just tried to do the same (generating a "scene-referred" image) with
Adobe Camera Raw and the raw NEF image turned out reasonably OK (the white
patch had RGB values of 190,190,190). Your TIFF file definitely looks off,
way too dark.