[argyllcms] Gamut of output profiles

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:01:26 +0200

I have played a lot with the different gamut tools from argyll recently.
I was little shocked when found out that the printer profile I had
with largest gamut for my Epson R2400, was one produced with eye-one
match "easy rgb 1.2" chart. That is a small 45 patch chart.

Output from iccgam -v is
Total volume of gamut is 764113.519232 cubic colorspace units

The one produced by Epson for the same Premium Luster paper is
749007

A typical 1000 patch rgb profile that I have created myself is
723600

And if I process the "easy rgb" target in Argyll I end up with
595777

And a similar sized target (45 patches) created in Argyll gives me
612517

Question is :
Can I trust these values?

I have made a wrml file showing the easy target processed in eye-one
match against the same measurement file processed in Argyll here.
http://www.mulebakken.net/div/small-argyll-match.wrl
Argyll is the color one.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen