[argyllcms] Gamut mapping problems in 1.1.0

  • From: qcore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 12:42:25 +0000

I'm using Argyll_V1.1.0_RC1_osx10.4_i86 and the gamut mapping isn't working properly for me when building RGB to CMYK device link profiles.

Everything works as expected until either -g or -G are used. The results are not any better when using source image gamuts either.

There is a loss of saturation immediately noticeable throughout the resulting images.

Images which are highly saturated -- the seaside sunset image in Bill Atkinson's Lab Target for instance -- will not give an acceptable result if any type of gamut mapping is used.

Profiles built using identical methods in 1.0.4 and 1.0.3 behaved as expected.

--
Martin Orpen
Idea Digital Imaging Ltd