[argyllcms] Re: Gamut mapping coefficients. How to vary?

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:59:48 +0400

 Mon, 8 Sep 2008, 16:44 +10:00 from Graeme Gill:
>Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
>> Thank You Graeme for new release!
>> The tiffgamut file size limitation was painful for me.
>>
>> The question: Is there a possibility to vary a coefficients of mapping
>> process?
>>
>> Grey axis alignment factor 1.000000
>> Grey axis white compression factor 1.000000
>> Grey axis white expansion factor 1.000000
>> Grey axis black compression factor 1.000000
>> Grey axis black expansion factor 1.000000
>> Grey axis knee factor 1.000000
>> Gamut compression factor 1.000000
>> Gamut expansion factor 0.000000
>> Gamut knee factor 0.500000
>> Gamut Perceptual mapping weighting factor 1.000000
>> Gamut Saturation mapping weighting factor 0.000000
>> Saturation enhancement factor 0.000000
>>
>> I don't know exactly for what purpose they needed for me, but I like to
>> experiment very much!
>
>Only by changing the source code and re-compiling. If you want to
>play at this level, then you need to be prepared to go to that
>much trouble :-)
>
>Graeme Gill.
Hello list!
Four years later I've learned how to compile ArgyllCMS from sources on MS
Windows.
Graeme, can You confirm that the coefficients requested above defined in
maptest.c from line 166 in current 1.5.1 sources? I've didn't find another
place with mapping parameters and declared coefficients.
I've tried changing the lines:

if (sat) {
gmi.gampwf = 0.0;
gmi.gamswf = 1.0;
} else {
gmi.gampwf = 1.0;
gmi.gamswf = 0.0;
}

if (sat) {
gmi.gampwf = 0.0;
gmi.gamswf = 1.0;
} else {
gmi.gampwf = 0.5;
gmi.gamswf = 0.5;
}

and have recompiled ArgyllCMS. But with no success: freshly compiled colprof
says for perceptual:

Gamut Perceptual mapping weighting factor 1.000000
Gamut Saturation mapping weighting factor 0.000000

Please, help to change the mapping parameters effectively.