[argyllcms] Re: Gamma wrong for calibration curves?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 07:46:28 -0500

Bill,

Just curious. This is very interesting, btw. And I must say, egg on my face,
I have not had the time I want to dig into Graeme's excellent dispcal code
on my machines and various monitors. But that day is coming...

Your figures show that you reached the gamma curves you intended to reach
with great precision. Now, have you considered what that does for gray
balance? I.e., to gave neutral RGB triplets yielding your desired calibrated
white point chromaticities? Like D50 x=0.3457 y=0.3585.

I'll take less accurately mapped gamma curve for more accurately mapped RGB
neutrals anytime. But of course, we'd like to have both ;-)

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx