[argyllcms] Re: Gamma problems

  • From: David Garabana Barro <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:16:22 +0100

O Luns, 9 de Novembro de 2009, David Garabana Barro escribiu:
> On Monday 09 November 2009 12:59:31 Denis S wrote:
> > David Garabana Barro wrote:
> > > On Monday 09 November 2009 12:09:56 Denis S wrote:
> >
> > - Using new version from Argyll website not one shipped with Debian.
>
> It seems that was it!

No, that was not it :(

I have just realized that I finish with wrong gamma when I use dispcal'2
option 6 (measure ambient light)

If I don't measure ambient light, I get 2.2 gamma, with great contrast
(~1500:1). Very similar to xrite's match3 profile

Those are the results:
argyll:
./dispwin NEC_20091109-noamb_2.2_6500_90.cal
./dispcal -v -r -yc -t6500 -P 0.0949119373777,0.24255952381,1.0

XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions

Setting up the instrument

Place instrument on test window.

Hit Esc, ^C or Q to give up, any other key to continue:

patch 3 of 3

Current calibration response:

Black level = 0.06 cd/m^2

White level = 87.48 cd/m^2

Aprox. gamma = 2.22

Contrast ratio = 1590:1

White chromaticity coordinates 0.3125, 0.3291

White    Correlated Color Temperature = 6515K, DE 2K to locus =  4.8

White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6515K, DE 2K to locus =  0.3

White        Visual Color Temperature = 6342K, DE 2K to locus =  4.6

White     Visual Daylight Temperature = 6506K, DE 2K to locus =  0.3

The instrument can be removed from the screen.

 xrite:
 ./dispwin /usr/share/color/icc/NEC_20091108_2.2_6500.icc
 ./dispcal -v -r -yc -t6500 -P 0.0949119373777,0.24255952381,1.0

XRandR 1.2 is faulty - falling back to older extensions

Setting up the instrument

Place instrument on test window.

Hit Esc, ^C or Q to give up, any other key to continue:

patch 3 of 3

Current calibration response:
Black level = 0.06 cd/m^2
White level = 87.95 cd/m^2
Aprox. gamma = 2.20
Contrast ratio = 1521:1
White chromaticity coordinates 0.3124, 0.3287
White    Correlated Color Temperature = 6523K, DE 2K to locus =  4.6
White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6524K, DE 2K to locus =  0.0
White        Visual Color Temperature = 6358K, DE 2K to locus =  4.4
White     Visual Daylight Temperature = 6525K, DE 2K to locus =  0.0
The instrument can be removed from the screen.

I attach the dispcal sysout calibrating with and without ambient light
measurement.
Is this known behaviour or is a bug?

--
David Garabana Barro