[argyllcms] Re: Gamma problems

  • From: Denis S <denis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:59:31 +0200

David Garabana Barro wrote:
> On Monday 09 November 2009 12:09:56 Denis S wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>> I'm not an expert, but using Debian as well and had similar problem in
>> the past, gamma was around 2.6 or so instead of targeted 2.2. Can't
>> remember for sure how I solved this problem but I get desired gamma each
>> time now.
>>

> I'm just reading list archives, there is *A LOT* of information there. Do you
> remember if you wrote some message about your problem on list?

Actually not, I've just join list recently when this problem was no
apparent for me for quite a while.
Don't have time to try know to replicate it, but here few ideas which
become standard procedure for me when I calibrate monitor for myself or
anyone else. So maybe there is the key to getting right gamma :)
- making sure that gamma curves set to default, e.e. xgamma -gamma 1
- clear calibration with dispwin -c command.
- Use lower key to set gamma -g not -G.
- calibrate with dime or better no light in the room, it alter
calibrator reading a lot, at least in my case(I'm Huey owner which seems
to have problem calibrating when ambient light is present).
- I'm also not using dispcalGUI anymore as it confused me a bit, command
line appeared to be much easier and straightforward to understand.
- Using new version from Argyll website not one shipped with Debian.

>> I think that people would be able to provide you with more help, if you
>> provide sample command which you use for calibrating and version of
>> Argyll you're using.
>>
> I'm just going to try with 1.1.0 RC1. I was using 1.0.4 (the one on Debian),
> but better trying with last version before posting more information.
>
> Thank you for your answer.

my pleasure, hope it helps :)

Denis
http://forum.weblamp.net