[argyllcms] GPLin 0.0.1-pre6 - and linearization in general

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:51:38 +0100

Hi,

In case anyone's interested in playing with it, I've just made a new pre-release of GPLin.

This version uses the ink limiting method suggested by Graeme a few weeks ago, evaluating the hue deviation that occurs as the paper becomes saturated.

For the black channel, I measure dL* / dInput for the Cyan channel at its ink limit, then find a corresponding dL* / dInput for the black channel (after scaling to take into account the difference in L* range for the two channels).

BTW, Graeme, are you any closer to defining a file format for linearization curves, so that targen can take them into account and thus be less conservative in terms of ink limit when sampling CMYK spaces?

If anyone's interested in taking a look, GPLin can be found here:

http://blackfiveimaging.co.uk/index.php?article=02Software%2F03GPLin

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson