[argyllcms] Re: Fwd: Fwd: Settings bundles (Robert Krawitz, Edmund Ronald)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:45:52 +1100

edmund ronald wrote:
  One of the first applications should be tools to create linearization
curves from spectro readings, and we assume that argyll list members
might find this relevant as the software you authored is the primary
way to address the instruments for open source. Of course, color
consultants will doubtless have access to proprietary tools, and there
is no reason why XML or JSON cannot be written from the Mac or Windows
or even Excel :)

Edmund,

You're not making any clear points, so it's looking like noise to me. Yes,
Argyll
provides calibration tools - so what ? What's the relevance to the (very vague)
discussions on OpenICC ? Little to nothing as far as I can tell. There is
nothing concrete enough being discussed to even comment upon most of the time.
So lets keep the vague discussions over there, rather than reduce the signal to
noise ratio on this mailing list.