[argyllcms] Re: Follow-up of "dispcal not working with Spyder 2 on openSUSE 11.3 (and Fedora F13)"

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:03:53 +1000

Frederic Crozat wrote:
I'd suggest you open a bug report on https://bugzilla.novell.com/ for
your openSUSE 11.3 issue, it is probably a kernel modesetting bug
(which would explain why it doesn't work on Fedora either).

OK, I have done this. The other problems I managed to puzzle my
way though, but I have entered another bug report suggesting that
the installer be more explicit about how to select the partition
to be installed on, and what areas of the disk it is going to
write to (ie. like the MBR!).

So the result is that I have (finally!) managed to install SUSE 11.3
on my test system, and run tests on the Spyder 2. I see no problems,
so this does seem to confirm that the problem is hardware (ie. motherboard/usb
card + Spyder 2 USB) related.