[argyllcms] Re: Follow-up of "dispcal not working with Spyder 2 on openSUSE 11.3 (and Fedora F13)"

  • From: Frederic Crozat <fred@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:20:23 +0200

2010/9/2 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> For what it's worth, I did manage to get Ubunu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32)
> installed on my test system (but not without lots of time spent
> working around problems in the install), and had no trouble getting
> the Spyder 2 running. I would therefore suspect hardware, although it's
> hard to be 100% sure without being able to run openSUSE 11.3.

I'd suggest you open a bug report on https://bugzilla.novell.com/ for
your openSUSE 11.3 issue, it is probably a kernel modesetting bug
(which would explain why it doesn't work on Fedora either).

FWIW, latest argyllcms is available from openSUSE build service at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=argyllcms&project=multimedia%3Aphoto

--
Frederic Crozat