[argyllcms] Re: First experiences with i1pro linux

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 01:57:42 +1000

Geert Janssens wrote:
But according to Graeme's mail, it's a libusb problem, not udev, so I can probably remove my udev modifications again.

Mandriva 2008.0 will work without having to change anything to do
with permissions. 2008.1 will (I think) need to have files installed
in PolicyKit and HAL however, just like Fedora Core 8 :-(

At this point have another set of questions:
* During several runs of dispcal and dispread, I get EEprom errors:
Failed to convert EEProm white data to calibration
or
Updating the calibration and log parameters to EEProm failed
Are those anything to be concerned about ?

No, they are just log messages. EEProm writes fail because they
are turned off in the driver, to avoid the possibility of the Argyll
driver being accused of messing the EEProm up. It's not actually needed,
it's just "nice to have" if one was trying to emulate the Gratag/X-Rite
driver to the last detail.

the start of X11 would fix it. But after reading through the list archives it seems there are a lot of cases where the LUT get overridden, like:
- screensaver activity
- powersave activity
- switch to console
- ...

What are the best recommendations to deal with this ? And what are the pitfalls ?

There are no real solutions to this as far as I'm aware, apart from getting
all the above issues fixed in the software that fails to restore the
calibration curves.