[argyllcms] Re: First experiences with i1pro linux

  • From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:07:39 +0200

On Saturday 31 May 2008, Leonard Evens wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 11:47 +0200, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just started experimenting with my new eye one pro on linux.
>
> I haven't been doing much with color management lately, having gotten
> involved with another project, so I am a little out of touch.
>
> But I believe that I am using the i1 pro with the same version of argyll
> under Fedora Core 7.   I don't think I had to do anything special with
> udev---I think my system just found the device---but perhaps I am
> forgetting something I did.  I don't have the problems you report. I
> believe all the argyll problems just work.  I would have to go back to
> double check that, which I won't be doing for a while at least, but I
> really don't remember having to do any fiddling.

Well to be complete, the i1 worked ok without any udev modifications on my
system (Mandriva 2008.0). But because of the instrument access errors I got,
I assumed the udev steps were necessary.

But according to Graeme's mail, it's a libusb problem, not udev, so I can
probably remove my udev modifications again.

Geert

--
Kobalt W.I.T.
Web & Information Technology