[argyllcms] Re: Firefox color managment?

  • From: Frederic Crozat <fred@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:13:18 +0100

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Leonard Evens
<len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:42 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
>> Leonard Evens wrote:
>> > and then you can choose a display profile.   If you leave it blank, you
>> > are supposed to get the system profile.   But I get different results
>>
>> Where does it get the "system" profile ? Does it use the
>> X11 _ICC_PROFILE atom ?
>
> That is what I hoped someone here would know something about.  I have no
> idea what is meant by firefox's using the systm profile.  It is possible
> it is not implemented for Linux.

It is implemented (at least, on Mandriva Linux builds). But you have
to enable color management in Firefox manually :
-go to about:config
-change gfx.color_management.enabled to "True"
-restart firefox.

To check you have color management enabled, I suggest you go to
http://1reflet.skynetblogs.be/post/6632777/profil-colorimetrique-utilisateur-firefox
(sorry, it is in french). If you have working CM, the image will be
yellow, otherwise it will be purple.

--
Frederic Crozat