[argyllcms] Re: Firefox color managment?

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:04:58 -0600

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:42 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Leonard Evens wrote:
> > and then you can choose a display profile.   If you leave it blank, you
> > are supposed to get the system profile.   But I get different results
>
> Where does it get the "system" profile ? Does it use the
> X11 _ICC_PROFILE atom ?

That is what I hoped someone here would know something about.  I have no
idea what is meant by firefox's using the systm profile.  It is possible
it is not implemented for Linux.

> (see <http://www.burtonini.com/computing/x-icc-profiles-spec-0.2.html>)
>
> If so, have you installed and loaded the profile using dispwin
> ("dispwin -I profile" to install it, "dispwin -L" to load it
>   each time you start your X11 server) to ensure that the atom
> is set ?

Yes.  That is exactly what I do.  I've also checked that it is set using
the appropriate X command.   Also applications such as gimp do appear to
be using it.  But apparently firefox isn't.