[argyllcms] Re: Firefox color managment?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:42:24 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
and then you can choose a display profile.   If you leave it blank, you
are supposed to get the system profile.   But I get different results

Where does it get the "system" profile ? Does it use the
X11 _ICC_PROFILE atom ?
(see <http://www.burtonini.com/computing/x-icc-profiles-spec-0.2.html>)

If so, have you installed and loaded the profile using dispwin
("dispwin -I profile" to install it, "dispwin -L" to load it
 each time you start your X11 server) to ensure that the atom
is set ?

See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PM5>,
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispwin.html#I> and
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispprofloc.html#Linux>

(Note that there are other ways of setting the atom,
 the above is the "Argyll way".)