[argyllcms] Firefox color managment?

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:33:07 -0600

I am running firefox 3.06 under Fedora 9 Linux.

Firefox 3 is supposed to have color managment.   There is an add-on you add
and then you can choose a display profile.   If you leave it blank, you
are supposed to get the system profile.   But I get different results
when specify the profile than when I leave it blank.   (I compared the
same image loaded into fire fox as a file and using Eye of Gnome, which
does use the system profile. they looked different when the space was
left blank and the same when the path to the profile was specified.)

Presumably, the problem is that the firefox add-on I  used doesn't know
where to look for the system profile under Linux.

Any comments or suggestions or ideas about the matter?

--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University