[argyllcms] Feature request: SANE integration

  • From: "Rene Bartsch" <ML@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:41:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I want to propose some enhancements for Argyllcms by adding a SANE interface.

1.) At scanner calibration colprof should directly interface with SANE.

That way you would just select the scanner, provide the path of the
reference file and colprof would store the resulting profile at
'/usr/share/icc/scanner/<-A parameter>-<-M parameter>.icc' (Linux/MacOS).
It would be a simple two-step-profile creation for standard users (Put
target on scanner -> colprof command).

2.) Integration of Argyllcms into SANE.

SANE could just use Argyllcms as CMS engine. The path to a ICC-profile can
be stored in the scanner configuration file of SANE. That way the user
would be able to select whether he wants a TIFF file with attached profile
or a scan with corrected absolute color values.

I think SANE is a good start here as it provides a network daemon and
clients for *NIX systems and a SANE-TWAIN-Bridge for Windows systems.

Greetz

Renne