[argyllcms] [Feature request] Minor adjustment to -F option

  • From: howdy555@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:11:47 +0100

Hello!

Last night I tried to pinpoint the problem with calibration of my
monitor (see my next message for a possible bug report). To try to
reduce the monitor strain at least a little bit I used the -F option
to blank the rest of the screen.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten to press space :(... And so I have
wasted 10 hours because of user error...

Do you think it would be sensible to blank the screen AFTER
initialisation but before any measurements are made? I was thinking on
something like:

initialise()
get_user_input()
blank_screen()
wait_5_seconds() // to be 100% sure the change in blanking moment does not
                 // influence anything
  perform_measurements()
}

Do you think this is sensible?