[argyllcms] Re: FWA correction in XYZ space

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:51:06 +0200

Roberto Michelena schrieb:

It also tends to validate Gretag's approach, which (I have
been given the impression) is a XYZ_fwa_comp = f(XYZ) /
Lab_fwa_comp = f(Lab) type of approach.

I don't know for sure, but I think Gretag's FWA compensation
is also only available in conjunction with *spectral*
measurements, is it? This would IMO suggest that they
rather use an approach like yours (or even use your
method?).

I've just checked the ProfileMaker demo version (it does not create profiles, but the GUI seems to be fully functional), and the check box "Correct for Optical Brightener" is grayed out, if the the selected measurement data file is not a spectral one.

-Gerhard

Well, PrintOpen has had FWA correction since v.3 I believe, without
spectral measurements.
I'd believe first a decision is made whether to apply it or not,
probably as a function (yes/no) only of white patch or white plus some
light patches.
Then correction is f(XYZ) or f(Lab).

-- Roberto Michelena
  Infinitek