[argyllcms] Re: FWA correction in XYZ space

  • From: Roberto Michelena <colorsync@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:19:11 -0500

> > It also tends to validate Gretag's approach, which (I have
> > been given the impression) is a XYZ_fwa_comp = f(XYZ) /
> > Lab_fwa_comp = f(Lab) type of approach.
>
> I don't know for sure, but I think Gretag's FWA compensation
> is also only available in conjunction with *spectral*
> measurements, is it? This would IMO suggest that they
> rather use an approach like yours (or even use your
> method?).

Well, PrintOpen has had FWA correction since v.3 I believe, without
spectral measurements.
I'd believe first a decision is made whether to apply it or not,
probably as a function (yes/no) only of white patch or white plus some
light patches.
Then correction is f(XYZ) or f(Lab).

-- Roberto Michelena
   Infinitek