[argyllcms] Re: FW: Workspace mapping

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 13:27:55 +0200

As I understand it, the ICCv4 "preference" sRGB profile is primarily
meant to be used as source profile when mapping directly into an
(preferably ICCv4, LUT-based) output/printer profile.
When converting to a (matrix-based) working space, you'll loose the
ability to get a true perceptual mapping.

--
Florian Höch