[argyllcms] FW: Re: collInk for softproofing

  • From: Diego Carra <twwcar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Argyll list <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:41:09 +0200

My workflow chain is:
I have my monitor hardware calibrated with a spectrofotometer (colormunki)
(with basiccolor)

I use ArgyllCMS to:
I printed a 900 and more patches for a six color A4 printer(canon 6600D)
because I have to make a profile for a backlit film paper.

I read it in trasmissive mode considering withe illuminant of trasmissive panel
(backlit light)

Then I created a profile with colprof something like this command:

colprof -v -Ztr -qh -ni -np -no -i ambientlampspectaldata.sp -ccx -dcx
inoutfile (name of my profile)

than I cecked it with profcheck with DeltaE2000 and I obtained max delta of
12....

I used this profile created with Argyll in photoshop for printing my image and
to softproof unisng it directly into photoshop (softproof menu-->Custom profile)

The results optically in not perfect but really very similar to what I see at
screen and what I see printed into backlit panel
 Really better than what I see softproofing with ArgyllCMS so It's sure I don't
do right things using argyll method of softprofing. If I use Pholitchenko metod
in my image I loose details in shadows that became deep black.. here command
line for print:collink.exe -v -ir -G -qh -cmt -dcx AdobeRGB1998.icc
6600Dtrasmissivo.icm  6600Dtrasmissivolink.icm
cctiff.exe JanDavidszdeHeemrossocorretto.jpg
JanDavidszdeHeemrossocorrettoForPrint.jpg Here cli for softproofcollink.exe -v
-ila -G -qh -ccx -dmt 6600Dtrasmissivo.icm AdobeRGB1998.icc AdobeRGBlink.icm
cctiff.exe JanDavidszdeHeemrossocorrettoForPrint.jpg
JanDavidszdeHeemrossocorrettoSoftProof.jpg If I use method of Graeme it become
yellowish.. Not a big problem because I have good results of softproof with
Ps.. But I'd like to use also ArgyllCMS for that and I'd like to understand a
bit better this delicate matter. By the way in your opinion what cli command
launch for print and what for softproof for my particoular media type?
Respectfull Diego  > Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:09:39 +1100