[argyllcms] Eye-one pro. Uv filter or not.

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:11:59 +0200

Hello all
I have just discovered the wonders of a well profiled cmyk print from
cinepaint to my Epson R2400, thanks Behrmann.
I have found out that one of the cheapest path to some hardware is the
eye-one photo lt . I have also seen that there is two version of the
eye-one pro spectrometer. With and without uv filter. I found and
rather old post at photo.net
(http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005ZYO) where on of
the posts quote  an GretagMacbeth employee like this:

".. the Eye-One device is indeed available in the UV Cut version
however, it is not needed when used with our software. Our engineers
determined that UV filtration is best handled through software and as
such, both profiling software we have, Match and ProfileMaker
automatically detect and compensate for UV brightners in media.
The UV Cut version is available because some third party software,
such as Rip software, required a UV filter on a spectrophotometer for
proper functionality.
"
For printer profiling I will use this device with argyll cms only, can
someone please tell me if i should go for a uv version or not?
Colormall.com sell the non uv version for $559.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen