[argyllcms] Re: Eye-One/i1 recalibration / recertification

  • From: Don Terwilliger <harpmaker45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:41:02 -0400

Recertification would depend on what model you have and where you are. The
last price I got for recert of my i1Pro Rev A was something like $150. I
live in the U.S. Recertification also includes updating the spectro to the
latest firmware for it's revision type. Repairs are extra and add up VERY
quickly. As has already been mentioned, if a spectro has to be repaired it
is probably a better investment to just buy a new i1Pro.

While yearly recertification is a good idea if you need critical readings,
the I1Pro is known to be a tough little machine and as long as it isn't
abused (like dropped on a cement floor) it will remain accurate for many
uses without yearly recertification. I check mine by comparing it's readings
to a friends I1Pro that has been recertified and the reading are within
tolerance between devices.