[argyllcms] Eye-One Scan Target 1.4 .cht and .Q60 files (was Re: Re: Hutchcolor targets)

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:14:11 -0700
On 2007 Aug 10, at 10:22 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> In a  similar vein,  the Eye  One Design  ships with  a scanner
>> target. Has anybody created the necessary  files to use it with
>> Argyll? If not, I'd  be happy to help create one  with my copy,
>> if somebody would be so kind as to point me in the direction of
>> some instructions for what to do....
>
> See  attached. It's not  clear  to me  where  the CIE  reference
> values come from to go with this chart. All I've found so far is
> RGB values.

Well, I'll be. I actually got this to work!

For those of  y'all with one of these targets,  you'll want to use
the Eye-One with spotread to get  the actual values of the target,
and then substitute those values with the ones in the attached Q60
file. Or, you could be lazy and just use mine.

For completeness, here's  Graeme's .cht file for  the Eye-One Scan
Target 1.4:

And here's a Q60  file I created by reading my  copy of the target
with my Eye-One Pro and spotread:

My mom is going to be so thrilled when I profile her scanner....

Cheers,

b&