[argyllcms] Re: Error with new i1 Display Pro revision

  • From: François Simond <color@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 03:38:05 +0200

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm assisting a friend with his brand new X-Rite i1 DisplayPro, which
has a new revision and firmware.

Such attempts fail with the error message:
Got fatal error 'Communication protocol breakdown' (Message from
instrument had bad status code)
The same sensor behaves as expected using X-Rite software.

Thanks - this sounds like a bug that was reported on one of
the web forums recently. If you are on MSWin, try the tools in

<http://www.argyllcms.com/test1.zip>

and see if that solves it.

Excellent!
An OSX build would be most convenient, but I'm sure we can manage to
find a Windows machine or VM for tests.

I'll report results soon, Thanks Graeme.

--
François