[argyllcms] Error - Opening USB port w/ Xtrite DTP94 on Win XP SP3

  • From: "BOTH, Endre" <abo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:14:44 +0100

Dear listmates,

As an amateur photographer who has recently ventured into color management, I have tried to make my DTP94 colorimeter work with Argyll CMS. However, when I try to access the DTP94, I get the following error (eg. with the command line "dispread -K -D 5"):

dtp92: About to init coms
dtp92Q/dtp94: About to init USB
icoms: About to set usb port characteristics
icoms: About to open the USB port
icoms: USB port needs opening
icoms: About to open USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev1/ (Xrite DTP94)'
dispread: Error - Opening USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev1/ (Xrite DTP94)' config 1 failed (Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform) (Permissions ?)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have only been able to find one other account (with a Spyder3, see //www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Spyder3-on-Win7,1 ), which Graeme was unable to reproduce.

The colorimeter works fine with other software.

In the device manager, I see the following:
General:
X-Rite DTP94
Path 0 (X-Rite DTP94)
Device is working properly