[argyllcms] Re: Erratic Behavior Using Qt

  • From: שחר קלינגר <sklinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:26:27 +0200

Hi again,

In the vague hope of solving this problem, is anyone willing to compile and
test this application, and see whether you get the same results as me?
All you need is an i1Pro2 (not i1Pro1) and the latest Qt SDK.

This software was intended to be free anyway, so I don't mind giving it away.
I'll be happy if you find it useful. It allows you to measure target and
reference patches and calculate dE2000, save custom colors, average multiple
measurements, all with a graphical user interface.

Thanks a lot to any volunteers.

On Nov 19, 2012, at 20:32:15, שחר קלינגר wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm using Qt to call "spotread" using a QProcess object
(http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/qprocess.html), read a patch and get the results on
STDOUT. The instrument is an i1Pro2. Operating system is Windows 7. Environment
variable "ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE" is set.
My problem is the instrument or application's behavior is very erratic -
sometimes it fails to call the program, sometimes fails on waiting for STDOUT
(what's known as "wait for ready read"), and other times succeeds in getting a
reading.

I've tinkered with the code literally for days, but couldn't get it to perform
better, or understand what's the problem. I built and ran it under Ubuntu Linux
in a VirtualBox machine, and on Mac OS X 10.6, but results are the same.
The strange thing is that this exact same program worked perfectly well in the
past with an i1Pro1.

Any suggestions...?

Thanks for your help,
S. Klinger