[argyllcms] Re: Epson 3880 and what can I do better?

  • From: Tomasz Danus <t.danus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:48:28 +0000

--
t.danus@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ithilstone

On 11 March 2011 00:22, Derek Wells <sigma3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Tomasz

Well since it was a game toy I didn't ever look into any options or settings
but I checked today and dynamic contrast and magic colour were switched off
but I found 3 different settings for gamma: Mode 1, 2 and 3 - no information
what is the difference between them
anywhere but using mode 3 gives very good results - much better than mode 1
both CM software and Argyll producing good ( for what this lcd is worth )
results

Many Thanx

now it leaves me with printer profiling
used settings:
targen -v -d2 -G -f 2646 filename

printtarg -v -ii1 -h -pA4 -T filename

tomorrow after prints will dry
I will try to produce a profile using:

chartread -H filename

colprof -v -Dprofile name targen -qu -S sRGB.icm -cmt  printerprofilename

and see what i'll get

Cheers
Tom