[argyllcms] EFI ES-1000/Eye one Pro REV C Issues

  • From: Sam Berry <samkberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:35:38 +0100

Hello there!

I am sorry to be joining the list with such an unhelpful post, but I hope
that can be forgiven.

I have recently bought a used, rebadged Eye-one Pro spectrophotometer within
an EFI package. The device is labelled "ES-1000" on the top, and is labelled
as an eye-one UV cut REV C on the bottom.

Upon testing with Argyll and other applications using the X-rite driver, it
appeared that Argyll was giving significantly different results to the
x-rite driver. Looking at the spectrums delivered by the two drivers showed
that the spectrum was shifted a few nm towards the red in the Argyll driver.
Delving into the .ti3 files showed that, despite the instrument being
advertised as having 10nm bands (or 3 1/3 at least) the spectrum progression
increased in intervals of slightly more than 10nm (10.3 nm?), resulting in a
stretching of the spectrum.

I am able to use colprof to create profiles, but only after manually editing
the ti3 file, rendering spotread rather useless unfortunately. Is this a REV
C issue? I notice than only REV A and D are tested.

The header of a typical ti3 file went something like the following. It was
produced by version 1.2.1, and was in standard resolution, non-adaptive
mode. Hi-res mode produces very similar XYZ results, and so I presume is
similarly skewed.

CTI3

ORIGINATOR "Argyll dispread"
CREATED "Mon Aug 30 09:54:25 2010"
KEYWORD "COMP_GREY_STEPS"
COMP_GREY_STEPS "49"
KEYWORD "LUMINANCE_XYZ_CDM2"
LUMINANCE_XYZ_CDM2 "150.261823 168.209616 170.958853"

BEGIN_ARGYLL_COLPROF_ARGS
-v -qm -aX
END_ARGYLL_COLPROF_ARGS

KEYWORD "SINGLE_DIM_STEPS"
SINGLE_DIM_STEPS "20"
DESCRIPTOR "Argyll Calibration Target chart information 3"
KEYWORD "SPECTRAL_START_NM"
SPECTRAL_START_NM "380.0"
KEYWORD "SPECTRAL_END_NM"
SPECTRAL_END_NM "740.0"