[argyllcms] Re: Dumb question

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:23:55 +1000

Fabrizio Levati wrote:
Given a devicelink profile, is there any way to tweak it forcing the
transmission of 100% Black from source to destination?
I say ³tweak² it because in this scenario I don¹t have the source and
destination profiles, nor the abstract profile derived from the refining.

Hi, you don't say what colorspaces you are dealing with, but if
it was CMYK->CMYK, then in principle you could edit the CLUT
to map 100%K from source to destination. I don't know
what tools would permit this (Argyll is primarily
aimed at getting things right the first time, rather than
fixing things up with manual edits...)