[argyllcms] Re: Dumb question

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:40:00 +0100

Hi,

On 14/07/10 09:16, Klaus Karcher wrote:

I'm not aware of any tool tailored to edit individual CLUT values
(profile editors like the one from Xrite work more indirectly). I
occasionally edit profiles with an Hex Editor (e.g "HexEdit"
<http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/> or Raphael Sebbe's "HexEditor"). You
always need the appropriate version of the ICC Spec at hand to figure
out the right number encodings and offsets.

I've occasionally thought it'd be really useful to have a tool a bit like iccdump, but that can not only "deconstruct" an ICC profile to a human-readable and -editable textfile, but also work in the opposite direction, and "reconstruct" an edited file back into a profile!

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson