[argyllcms] Re: Dumb question

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:16:48 +0200

Hi Fabrizio,

Graeme Gill wrote:
then in principle you could edit the CLUT
to map 100%K from source to destination. I don't know
what tools would permit this

Fabrizio Levati wrote:
This is what I am trying to figure out because, looking at the CLUT with
iccdump, it is quite evident what value I need to edit.

I'm not aware of any tool tailored to edit individual CLUT values (profile editors like the one from Xrite work more indirectly). I occasionally edit profiles with an Hex Editor (e.g "HexEdit" <http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/> or Raphael Sebbe's "HexEditor"). You always need the appropriate version of the ICC Spec at hand to figure out the right number encodings and offsets.

If you are on a Mac, the "sips" command line tool can be very helpful as it allows to extract/load individual tags to/from binary tag files and to "repair" the Profile ID header field (MD5 checksum) when you are done. If you have to do mayor edits, you can manipulate the tag files with the aid of computing environments like R <http://www.r-project.org/> or GNU Octave.

Klaus