[argyllcms] Does dispcal withstand a quick blip of something over measurement window?

  • From: Michael Darling <darlingm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:01:54 -0400

Looks like "dispcal -v -d 1 -c 1 -m -q h -t 5000 -b 40 -g 2.4 -B 0.2 -H"
{High quality, high resolution spectrum mode} is going to take a while.

In iteration 4 with 96 sample points for initial calibration curves, each
patch seems to be read for around 70 seconds.

That's great!  Not complaining!  I have often wished the profilers I've
used in the past had a "take a really long time" mode.  Even if the
accuracy of the profile is increased just a little bit, I think it's
fantastic!

Running two monitors, I was doing a few things on the other display.
 Something popped up over the color display window.  I moved it away within
a few seconds.  Not sure if that invalidates the profile creation, or
whether dispcal is designed to throw out a few seconds of garbage in a 70
second reading.  (Guess I'm sort of asking if it's operating in a mean,
median, or mode .. mode.)

I know the safe thing to do is restart dispcal and don't use my computer
while it's running.

Reason I'm posting this is I'm interested in comparing the results from a
bunch of settings, so would love to know if I have to do that at a time I
can walk away from my computer, or if I can do other stuff as long as I
move anything that pops up quickly.