[argyllcms] Do we expect the ColorMunki to work on Centos6.4?

  • From: Richard Kirk <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:18:25 +0100

Hi.

I was not expecting anythig, but having got everything working on a Mac, I thought I would try the same on my Centos 6.4 machine. It almost works. I have tried the binaries, and I have built from source, and I get the same thing...
- it finds the probe
- it connects and sets it up ok
- but I can't take a reading.

This is what I get:

richard@gallardo$ sudo ./bin/spotread -v
Connecting to the instrument ..
Instrument Type:   ColorMunki
Serial Number:     2066000
Firmware version:  288
Chip ID:           01-9059EF15000046
Version string:    'colormunki FW V1.32  Build Nr. 1303'
Calibration Ver.:  6
Production No.:    101549
Init instrument success !

Spot read needs a calibration before continuing
Set instrument sensor to calibration position,
 and then hit any key to continue,
 or hit Esc or Q to abort:
icoms_usb_transaction: reaper thread is not running
icoms_usb_transaction: reaper thread is not running
icoms_usb_transaction: reaper thread is not running
icoms_usb_transaction: reaper thread is not running
Calibration complete

Place instrument on spot to be measured,
and hit [A-Z] to read white and setup FWA compensation (keyed to letter)
[a-z] to read and make FWA compensated reading from keyed reference
'r' to set reference, 's' to save spectrum,
'f' to report cal. refresh rate, 'F' to measure refresh rate
'h' to toggle high res., 'k' to do a calibration
Hit ESC or Q to exit, instrument switch or any other key to take a reading:
icoms_usb_transaction: reaper thread is not running

Spot read failed due to communication problem.

Okay, there are plenty of clues for me there. I can have a dig through the source, but before I do, it would be useful to know whether this works on other Linux builds and it's just mine that is broken. Or whether I ought to download the development build.

Thanks.
Richard Kirk

--
FilmLight Ltd.          Tel: +44 (0)20 7292 0400 or 0409 224 (direct)
Artists House,          Fax: +44 (0)20 7292 0401