[argyllcms] Re: Do nothing Profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:48:11 +1000

Michael Darling wrote:
> I haven't used it or tested it, but my understanding is a x-->x ICC profile
> conversion comes out the same way regardless of the rendering intent you
> select.

Not necessarily true. You would be relying on the CMM to special case
the conversion, short circuiting it if the profiles are the same.
Not all CMM's may do this.

I dislike this approach in any case - it is non-obvious, and unusual behavior.
Much better to have a mechanism to say "this is a profiling print",
where the intention of the print job is explicit.