[argyllcms] Re: Dispread

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:43:16 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:

Got another dreaded "dispread.exe has encountered a problem and nends to
close..." error message, smack again in front onf the measuring window. I
must have gotten the message at patch 550 of 836.

Something weird is happening. You are starting two copies of dispread.
Now whether this is something the software itself is doing (I had
an issue like this on Linux, but it was in code that is not
used on MSWindows), or whether this is something you are
doing accidentally, I'm not sure. I've certainly never seen
it on Win2K.

If after starting dispread, you open up Task Manager and look at the
processes list (sort by Image Name), and locate dispread, are there
two entries for dispread.exe ? If so, you've started two copies.