[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:59:24 +0200

It is not a simple cut. The CCFL and the RGB color filters won't change
their physical parameters.
The display will add a little blue and green to the red, so it will appear
like it is close to the sRGB Red. CMS supported softwares will do the
same...

But a standard colorimeter has three standard CIE color filters (little
R,G,B plastic layers) and a fourth unfiltered sensor. So, it will be
confused with the luminance and the white balance.

My EyeOne Display 2 works well with my laptop (< sRGB gamut) but I couldn't
use it on my U2410
I didn't want to buy a ColorMunki but I had to. And I am currently using the
sRGB mode (exclusively).