[argyllcms] Re: Displaying sRGB graphics on wide gamut monitors - gamma problem?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:20:33 +0200

Am 27.10.2010 16:21, schrieb Anders Torger:
> However, a source of confusion may be that I have misunderstood where the
> data is. I thought that for an .icc profile from dispcal vgct = calibration
> curves and rTRC/gTRC/bTRC = profile (*after* vcgt applied)...

Exactly. A profile with VCGT is supposed to characterize the overall
behavior of graphics card & display _after_ the VCGT has been loaded
into the graphics card. Of course this implies that the measurements for
creating the profile must be taken as well _with VCGT loaded_ into the
graphics card (which should be granted in case of "dispread ... -k
<file>.cal ...").

Regards,
Gerhard